In any business you will have transactions and you will build up relationships that will help you move forward. These initial impressions are often made by a shake of a hand and exchange of details. For decades this has been done with a business card containing all the details needed to create a good impression and to help potential clients find you. In modern times one might think that this is no longer a successful practice. – The truth is, a digital business card is a great way to make contact or confirm a new business relationship.
A business card is a great way of advertising and brand representation and if done professionally, will create a strong lasting impression.
Here are some tips for a successful business card:
- Your business card needs to make a statement without having too much on it.
- If it has too much on it, it will only be confusing and might cause the viewer to just discard it.
- To help create confidence in your company or brand, your business card needs to be a visual representation of your brand image. This will show that you are professional, take pride in your brand and that you are consistent in what you believe in.
- A high quality design will show that you care about the image of your company.
- Short detailed descriptions and ‘straight to the point’ details make it easier to read. It has a better chance of being read and to extract a reaction from its viewers.
Whether you’re going to print your business card or send it out electronically, this is an investment you will be happy you made.